Wow, isn’t it lovely when you get a compliment you weren’t expecting?
Creating Time has been nominated for a Liebster Award by Sandie and Kim at Oh Yes, They Did. Thank you! If you don’t already follow their blog, you should really check it out. It is chock-full of great crafting ideas and recipes.
Now for 10 random facts about me:
- I was born and lived most of my life in New Zealand, but I now live in Zürich, Switzerland
- When I moved to Switzerland in 2013, I had to learn German as quickly as possible! So now I speak German too 🙂
- I started crocheting in 2015, I was introduced to it by a friend at work and I haven’t stopped since!
- I have recently started creating my own crochet patterns. I’m loving the challenge!
- I have (wait for it) NINE nephews and only one niece, so I usually only get to crochet girly stuff for friends’ children
- As my day job I work as a marketing manager for an IT company
- I used to act, and have been in Power Rangers and a CBBC TV series called Paradise Cafe
- I have a lovely pup called Harry who has his own hashtag on Instagram: #harryheisenberg
- I will start my MBA at Manchester Business School in July – I can’t wait!
- I am a huge bookworm! At the moment I am trying to make my way through all the classics on Project Gutenberg… I’m not sure if I’ll finish in this lifetime!
The lovely ladies at Oh Yes, They Did, also had a few questions they want me to answer. So here goes:
What prompted you to start blogging?
I started blogging as I realised I wanted to be able to share my own designs with others. So my blog was started as a pattern repository. Then I realised I also love to share other talented designers’ work! So I think that will become a very big part of my blog.
What is the best advice you would give to new bloggers?
Gosh this is tough as I’m so new to this myself. I suppose it would be to support other bloggers around you as much as possible. Kindness usually begets kindness, and there is a lovely community out there that will offer you a lot of support and advice if you engage with it.
What is your favourite season and why?
SUMMER! I love water sports and we live very close to the lake. I live for being able to go swimming in my lunch breaks!
Who has had the biggest influence in your life?
Honestly, this is hard to answer. So many people have influenced my life at different stages. I suppose you could call my a serial influencee!
Do you have any pets?
I do indeed! One lovely pup called Harry.
What new skill would you like to learn in the future?
I’d love to continue to improve my skills in crochet, and I’d like to learn Tunisian crochet and I love the look of Irish crochet.
What is your dream vacation?
A little house by the seaside, with my days spent paddleboarding, swimming, playing in the sand with Harry, crocheting and eating good food.
If you could choose to have a super power, which one would you want?
Being able to make more time in a day!
What is your favourite movie?
There are a few: The Departed, Amélie, The Pursuit of Happyness, and Monsieur Claude and his Daughters.
What was your favourite toy as a child?
A big teddy bear with a top hat. He was called (unsurprisingly) Top Hat 😀 and a floppy dog stuffed toy called Floppy Dog (I wasn’t very creative with my toys’ names!)
What is your comfort food?
Flammkuchen! It’s a dish from Alsace, it’s kind of like a pizza but with Creme Fraiche instead of tomato sauce.
Right, now to my nominations:
My first nomination goes to TinyCactus.co. This is a blog run by the lovely and very talented Kathie Jurek. She blogs about thrifted style, travel and her gorgeous pup Charlie.
I would also like to nominate Oceans Originals. Kelley is also a crochet designer and blogger, and I absolutely love her summery patterns!
My third nomination goes to Bodhi Life Creations. Another crochet blog (I expect you’re starting to see a theme…), Taylor comes up with some lovely patterns. I’m especially digging her Taylor Vest at the moment.
Fourthly, I’m nominating Emma Crafts Design. Yup, you guessed it! Another blog about crochet 😀 but she has some other cool crafty stuff on there too!
And finally my fifth nomination goes to Jodie from Lupey Loops. A crochet blog with a twist, Jodie also blogs about her challenges with chronic illness.
If I nominated you and you would like to join in, it would be great if you could answer the questions below:
- How do you make time for blogging and crafts?
- If you could give 1 million dollars to someone, who would it be and why?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favourite crochet pattern or blog post?
- What new skill do you hope to learn this year?
- What is your favourite animal?
- What goal do you hope to achieve with your blog in the next year?
- If you could pick one thing to do for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favourite book?
- Are you a banana or apple type of person?
- Who do you most admire?
That’s it! You can find out more about the rules here.
I look forward to reading more about your blogs!